HSK 833 - Practice of Condominium Management
This course will solidify your understanding of the history, required competencies, and skills required of condominium manager associates by the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA). The Practice of Condominium Management builds upon the learning from the Fundamentals of Condominium Management. Together, these courses make up the pre-licensing education requirements to license and register as a condominium manager associate in Alberta.
As an exam prep course, this course condenses the content included on the Condominium Management Associate Licensing Exam into a self-directed learning format complete with knowledge checks to test your retention and understanding. Each of the fifteen units will cover in-depth topics that meet the competencies required for pre-licensing education set by RECA.
Once enrolled, learners will have 6 months to complete the course at their own pace.
- Condominium Management Services (Unit 1)
- Condominium Management Service Agreements (Unit 2)
- Governance (Unit 3)
- Condominium Meetings and Communications (Unit 4)
- Building Operations (Unit 5)
- Employment and Human Rights (Unit 6)
- Accounting and Financial Statements (Unit 7)
- Operating Budgets (Unit 8)
- Reserve Fund (Unit 9)
- Working with Service Providers (Unit 10)
- Safety & Security (Unit 11)
- Insurance (Unit 12)
- Documents and Records (Unit 13)
- Working with Developers and Interim Boards (Unit 14)
- Sustainability (Unit 15)
The course hours range between 80-140 hours, based on learners' existing knowledge, experience in the industry, and active engagement with learner supports. Expect to spend about 5 hours a week on online lessons and knowledge checks. Learners may complete the course at a quicker pace if desired.
This course is ungraded as it is intended to help you prepare for the RECA licensing exam. You are strongly encouraged to complete the knowledge checks to aid in the retention of the content.