HSK 832 - Fundamentals of Condominium Management
This course is intended to help you solidify your understanding of the history, required competencies, and skills required of condominium manager associates by the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA). The Fundamentals of Condominium Management is the prerequisite for the Practice of Condominium Management. Together, these courses make up the pre-licensing education requirements to license and register as a condominium manager associate in Alberta.
As an exam prep course, this course aims to condense the content included on the Condominium Management Associate Licensing Exam into a self-directed learning format complete with knowledge checks to test your retention and understanding. Each of the nine units will cover in-depth topics that meet the competencies required for pre-licensing education set by RECA.
- Introduction to Condominium Management (Unit 1)
- Real Estate Act and Rules (Unit 2)
- Regulation of Condominium Managers in Alberta (Unit 3 Parts 1-4)
- Self-Regulation and Professionalism
- Licensing Processes
- RECA oversight processes
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Ethics, Professionalism and Licensee Risk Reduction (Unit 4)
- Effective Negotiations and Dispute Resolution (Unit 5)
- Contract Law (Unit 6)
- Real Property Law (Unit 7)
- Land Ownership and Registration in Alberta (Unit 8)
- Building Design and Construction (Unit 9)
The course runs for 70 - 120 hours in total for 24 weeks. This timing will vary as the course is self-paced based on learners' existing knowledge, experience in the industry, and active engagement with learner supports. Learners may complete the course at a quicker pace if desired.
This course is ungraded as it is intended to help you prepare for the RECA licensing exam. You are strongly encouraged to complete the knowledge checks to aid in the retention of the content.
All course materials will be provided within the course:
Real Estate Act Rules and Regulations
Condominium Property Act