Emerging Teachers Development introduces participants to a variety of topics related to developing their university teaching, with opportunities for discussion, practice, and reflection. Participants select topics of interest from a range of workshops offered in order to tailor this component to their needs
This badge is part of the Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Scholars Certificates in University Teaching and Learning programme.
Participants who register for the badge will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate.
- Engage in collaborative, critically reflective conversations with colleagues to explore current issues, theories and research in postsecondary education.
- Identify and implement research-informed teaching methods that enhance student learning
Modules are delivered in an online, asynchronous, self-directed format.
- This badge is open and free-of-cost to all current graduate students and postdoctoral scholars with the University of Calgary
- For recent graduates: If you began work on your Certificate prior to completing your graduate studies at the University of Calgary, you may take up to one year after your graduation to complete your Certificate
- This badge is not accepting the registration of external participants i.e. individuals not affiliated with the University of Calgary
Please note: Registration will close within 1 week of the course start date. Participants will be contacted with relevant course information via email – as well as enrolled on D2L – on the day the badge begins.