Gain an overview of Zoom --- an online platform that enables instructors to have real-time sessions with students, colleagues and guest speakers. You can share your presentations or desktop, collaborate with others, conduct small group activities, offer online office hours, poll your students and more, all from virtually any device.
Topics that will be covered include:
- How to use this application to support teaching and learning
- How to access Zoom and schedule meetings via the website and through D2L
- Basic how-to’s on features such as Chat, Audio, Video & Screen Sharing, Recording and Breakout rooms, etc.
- Recommended settings and best practices for meeting hosts
We encourage you to review relevant materials on http://elearn.ucalgary.ca/zoom prior to the session.
Please Note: This workshop will be delivered online through Zoom. The Zoom link will be sent to registered participants 1 to 2 hours prior to session.
**Only sections of TI 0895 running from September 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 will be counted towards the Learning Spaces Digital Pedagogies Badge, these offering will include additional tasks to be completed after the zoom session**
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge - Optional Courses
- Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge for Graduate Students : Optional Courses
- Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge - Optional Courses