Digital content stimulates and motivates audiences to action. Discover how to incorporate design theory and best practices to create digital content such as graphics for social media, infographics, PowerPoint presentations, online advertising, branding and more. Learn the skills and demands of the fast-moving creative industry.
This course is not designed to be an introduction to the Adobe Suite. To be successful in this course, you are required to know Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. If you need to brush up on basic knowledge and skills, please take ICT 436 Adobe Photoshop and ICT 437 Adobe Illustrator.
NOTE: Formerly ICT 667 Digital Product Design. Students who completed ICT 667 are exempt from taking ICT 688 Digital Content Design.
In the current digital industry, there is a growing need for content designers who have the relevant skills to produce design solutions that can be accessed and viewed on multiple browsers and a variety of devices including desktops, smartphones and tablets.
Course Level Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Create engaging digital content using design and development theory and best practices
- Demonstrate skills in digital content production, communication and design to effectively meet end user expectations
- Enhance content for digital publishing supporting different file formats
- Build real-world projects to develop portfolio artifacts in digital media design
Topics of Instruction
- Digital content design process
- Using color, visual imagery, layout and typography design techniques for digital media
- Information design
- Interactive design
- Designing graphics for social media
- Designing effective presentations
- Digital marketing and publishing design techniques
- Branding and identity digital design production
NotesFormerly ICT 667 Digital Product Design
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Integrated Digital Media : Optional Courses