Are you starting a curriculum review? Looking ahead to an upcoming curriculum review? Just generally interested in curriculum review? You are all welcome! This Kickstart Your Curriculum Review series includes three sessions to provide practical information and engaging activities to help get your curriculum review off to a great start and to maintain momentum throughout the process.
The second session, PLOs and Mapping, will provide an overview of how to develop and revise effective program-level learning outcomes (PLOs) and introduce participants to curriculum mapping, including the new Curriculum Links program (https://live-taylor-institute.ucalgary.ca/curriculum-links).
During this workshop participants will:
- Define the traits of effective PLOs
- Develop strategies to write/revise your PLOs
- Gain a couple of facilitation strategies for conversations around PLOs
- Describe the process of mapping a course
- Evaluate some benefits and drawbacks of different methods of curriculum mapping
- Discuss the potential of the Curriculum Links software to support their curriculum mapping