BUS 295 - Introduction to Consulting Skills Within an Organization
To be a successful consultant, you need to be an expert in your field and at the same time be able to build strong relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders. Most organizations invest time, money and effort in training employees on products and technology, but fail when it comes to training employees on how to be consultants.
In this seminar, discover the importance of engaging with internal or external clients, building strong relationships, communicating effectively and managing client expectations. Examine the essential skills every consultant needs and design an action plan for both internal and external clients.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify and assess the qualities and attributes of a consultant
- Examine the roles of an internal and external consultant
- Review and clarify client and organization goals, and set expectations
- Analyse how to build strong relationships with clients, including techniques to guide clients through the consulting process
- Develop a consulting action plan
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Professional Certificate for Emerging Leaders : Professional Skills Seminars