The knowledge, skills and competencies in the health and safety industry are changing and so is our certification program. We are pleased to introduce a laddered program of certificates leading to a diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Designed for individuals who are, or would like to work in roles such as front line service providers, administrative support positions, and junior technician roles working in OHS.
- Provides further training and professional development to individuals who are supporting mid-level and technical tasks within the OHS skill set.
- The OHS Fundamentals Certificate and OHS Advanced Certificate combined, align with the Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST) certification.
- Provides advanced training and professional development to individuals who are supporting senior level and management related tasks within the OHS skill set.
- The OHS Fundamentals Certificate, OHS Advanced Certificate and OHS Diploma combined, align with the Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)® certification.
The Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP) has reviewed the Continuing Education Occupational Health and Safety program and designated the University of Calgary an approved education provider.