Become an OHS Professional
The Occupational Health and Safety program is comprised of two certificates and one diploma. This laddered program can be taken entirely online, and courses may be taken in any order as long as prerequisites have been met.
The Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP) has reviewed the Continuing Education Occupational Health and Safety program and designated the University of Calgary an approved education provider.
- Designed for individuals who are, or would like to work in roles such as front line service providers, administrative support positions, and junior technician roles working in OHS.
- Provides further training and professional development to individuals who are supporting mid-level and technical tasks within the OHS skill set.
- The OHS Fundamentals Certificate and OHS Advanced Certificate combined, align with the Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST) certification.
- Provides advanced training and professional development to individuals who are supporting senior level and management related tasks within the OHS skill set.
- The OHS Fundamentals Certificate, OHS Advanced Certificate and OHS Diploma combined, align with the Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)® certification.