Students studying in a University of Calgary program that takes more than six months to complete require a study permit. This includes Continuing Education's Continuing Education International Professional Programs. Students taking two or more terms of study in the English Language Program will require a study permit. If you choose to take consecutive programs, we recommend that you apply for all programs at the same time. This allows you to apply for a study permit that covers the duration of both programs.

Once you have completed your registration and paid the necessary fees for admission to your program, you will be provided with a Letter of Acceptance (LOA). You will require a valid passport, proof of financial support, photograph, and your Letter of Acceptance to apply for a study permit. Students taking multiple International Professional Programs may take up to one term off (max 150 days) between programs without impacting their immigration status or the ability to extend their study permit.

Students can apply online for a study permit with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Required fields are indicated by .