Windmill Microlending is a non-profit serving newcomers to Canada since 2005. Windmill offers low-interest, affordable career loans of up to $15,000 to help skilled immigrants and refugees pay for the costs of education and training programs, credentials, licensing and more to reach their career goals.
What can a loan be used for?
- Education and training programs (two years or less), including courses
- Licensing and qualifying exams fees
- Living allowance during study time
- Travel expenses to take courses or exams not available in your area
- Credential's assessments (WES, ICAS, IQAS or MIFI)
- Professional association fees
- Books, course materials and work equipment
- English or French language training
- Relocation costs for employment
- Other costs related to your career may be considered
Who is eligible?
- Immigrants and internationally-educated individuals living in Canada
- Permanent residents, Canadian citizens, protected persons, convention refugees and provincial nominees
- Newcomers who intend to work in the same field they trained in outside of Canada or to apply their transferable skills to a new career
- Immigrants who don't have an undischarged bankruptcy or a consumer proposal
If you want to know if you're eligible for a Windmill loan, click here.
To confirm if a Continuing Education program or course is eligible and fits loan criteria, please contact Windmill Microlending at 1-855-423-2262 or visit windmillmicrolending.org