Red Rose Award for Personal Development
This endowment fund was established in 2018 to honour Annapurna Somanchi — mother, teacher, and lifelong learner — who believed in the power of knowledge and education to better oneself.
The fund was established to provide assistance to mature learners who have been admitted into Adult Learning and Teaching Second Language programs.
Value: $800 or endowment allocation
Number: One per year
Application Deadline: May 1
Students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a mature student, one who is over the age of 25.
- Permanent resident or Canadian citizen.
- Academic merit: must have obtained a B+ or greater in one 30 hour course within one of the following certificate programs:
- Certificate in Adult Learning Specializing in Adult and Community Education
- Certificate in Adult Learning Specializing in Career and Academic Advising
- Certificate in Adult Learning Specializing in e-Learning
- Certificate in Adult Learning Specializing in Workplace Learning
- Adult and Community Education Certificate
- Career Development and Academic Advising Certificate
- e-Learning Certificate
- Workplace Learning Certificate
- Teaching Second Language Certificate Specializing in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) - Level 1