BMC 316 - Business Communication for Internationally Trained Professionals
Build self-awareness, cultural familiarity and interpersonal skills for communicating effectively and appropriately in Canadian business settings. Learn how culture influences communication style and understand your own preferences for interacting with others. Gain insights into the hidden rules of preferred interaction in the Canadian workplace, practise flexibility in using a range of styles, and develop soft skill competencies for improving your job performance and career prospects.
Please Note: Students can take either BMC 206 Management Communications or BMC 316 Business Communication for Internationally Trained Professionals for certificate credit in designated programs. Credit will be granted for one course only.
Practical strategies discussed include effective ways of giving and receiving feedback, managing conflict, participating in meetings and making formal and informal presentations.
Broad Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to communicate more effectively and appropriately in a Canadian business setting. You will develop awareness of your communication style preferences, familiarity with the “hidden” rules and patterns of interaction favoured in the workplace in Canada, and skill in adjusting your communication style to be more effective as a professional in Canada.
Supporting Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the connection between language, culture and communication
- Recognize and develop an appreciation of your own and other communication styles
- Identify the cultural underpinnings of Canadian workplace expectations and communication norms
- Employ both verbal and non-verbal communication skills to send clear, congruent messages
- Communicate with an appropriate level of directness, formality and brevity
- Give and interpret feedback constructively
- Negotiate workplace conflict in a respectful and culturally appropriate way
- Participate actively in meetings
- Plan, organize and deliver an effective oral presentation
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate in Professional Management : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - Economic Developers : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - PEG : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Construction Management : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Strategic Management : Core Courses