Course DescriptionIn part one of this series, participants will enhance their knowledge and skills of grief theory and how it relates to trauma informed care. Participants will learn about various forms of grief and trauma such as death, loss, disaster, and oppression. Understanding a client’s loss narrative can provide a richer clinical service for clients as well as ourselves as clinicians. Participants will learn about the theories and models of grief and trauma, and the impact of grief and trauma on mental and physical health.
- Understand grief theory and how to relates to trauma informed care.
- Explore the nature of grief as a response to symbolic loss, ambiguous loss, disenfranchised grief, and bereavement.
- Understand the pivotal impact of grief and trauma when working with a variety of clinical concerns.
- Understand the impact of grief and trauma on mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual health.
- Differentiate the differences and connections between grief and trauma.