Continue to explore a variety of acrylic painting techniques and develop your painting skills in this supportive and fun environment. You will work mainly from still-life, landscape, and photographs but also experiment with abstraction. Acrylic paints are water-based, safe for home studio use and experimentation with mixed mediums. This course is an excellent opportunity to explore painting styles and further develop creativity. It is geared toward students who have attended ART 109 Acrylic Painting or any previous acrylic painting course.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify complex organic and geometric forms, including light and shadows, negative spaces and quality of objects
- Apply selected advanced acrylic painting techniques
- Assess their own artwork and artworks in general based on painting styles and artistic genres
- Further, develop acrylic painting skills and enhance creativity
PrerequisitesThis course is geared toward students who have taken ART 109 Acrylic Painting or another acrylic painting course.
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate in Visual Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Art Theory and Practice : Optional Courses