The Psychiatry Online Literature Review Course provides the opportunity for physicians and residents to discuss current journal articles and their relation to practice. The focus of the articles will be on "Highlights of 2022". All discussions are held online in an asynchronous format so that participants can post their comments at any time.
This online literature journal club offers a convenient method for physicians and residents to review journal articles and to discuss their relation to practice with other physicians and residents, from the familiarity of their office or home.
This course uses distance education (DE) technology to provide continuing medical education opportunities to physicians and residents who may have distance and time constraints. Topics will be selected in accordance with the priority learning needs of the participants. The intent of the course is for learners to:
- discuss journal articles, related clinical practice and application of new knowledge to practice
• refine journal article critical appraisal skills
• develop an interactive online learning community of physicians and residents
- provide a venue for physicians and residents to interact with online learning resources and engage in personal learning
• This online literature review course is run using a collegial journal club format
- The course consists of an initial Introductory Conference and is followed by three consecutive online Journal Article Conferences for the discussion of journal articles
- The Introductory Conference will be open for one week; however, the introductory conference site will remain open throughout the duration of the program for new and established participants to introduce themselves
- Each Journal Article Conference runs for a 4 week period and each conference consists of four articles covering different topics;
you can join any or all of them
- Each journal article discussion will also include a short knowledge assessment (Section 3 CME credits)