Microsoft Azure and Power BI are essential tools. Maximizing data insights with enterprise-scale analytics is vital for driving business growth.
Learn the methods and practices for performing advanced data analytics at scale using Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Power BI. You will learn how to design, create, and deploy enterprise-scale data analytics solutions.
Students will learn how to clean and transform data, design and build enterprise data models, incorporate advanced analytics capabilities, integrate with IT infrastructure, and apply development lifecycle practices. Additionally, you will acquire advanced Power BI skills, such as Power Query and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX).
This course covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam DP-500: Designing and Implementing Enterprise-Scale Analytics Solutions using Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Power BI.
The University of Calgary is Microsoft Education Global Training Partner.
By the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Query and transform data
- Implement and manage data models.
- Explore and visualize data.
- Implement and manage a data analytics environment.
- Introduction to data analytics on Azure
- Model, query, and explore data in Azure Synapse
- Prepare data for tabular models in Power BI
- Design and build tabular models
- Implement advanced data visualization techniques using Power BI
- Implement and manage an analytics environment
- Manage the analytics development lifecycle
- Govern data across an enterprise
This course includes hands-on activities to reinforce the concepts taught and provide a practical learning experience.
Lab access will be provided at no additional cost.
No mandatory pre-requisite.
Self-assessment for enrolment:
A minimum of 6 months relevant working experience and knowledge in:
- Core data concepts and how they are implemented using Azure data services
- Designing and building data models, cleaning and transforming data, and enabling advanced analytic capabilities using Microsoft Power BI
- ICT-902/ICT-906 Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals
- DAT 350 Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst