Microsoft Azure Security technologies provide comprehensive security features for applications and data. These technologies include threat protection, access management encryption, network security, and compliance solutions, designed to safeguard against cyber-attacks, data breaches, and other security threats.
Learn how to manage the security posture across Azure and within the cloud and on-premises solutions. The course covers an end-to-end look at the security tools, how to deploy and configure them, and what scenarios they are primarily used for.
Students will learn how to configure security settings, manage secure identities, build and administer firewalls, configure access policies, and monitor your solution in Azure.
This course covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies.
The University of Calgary is Microsoft Education Global Training Partner.
By the completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Secure identities with Azure Active Directory and users and groups.
- Configure and manage hybrid identity.
- Deploy and maintain identity protection and privileged identity in Azure.
- Design and manage an enterprise governance strategy for your security profile.
- Configure and manage network and perimeter security solutions to protect your Azure environment.
- Manage the security of any hosts and containers running in your environment.
- Deploy and configure Azure Key Vault.
- Implement and manage application security features to lock down application access and functionality.
- Implement and maintain storage and database security.
- Configure Azure Monitor and Microsoft Defender for Clouds to protect and monitor security operations.
- Analyze your security with Microsoft Sentinel.
- Azure Active Directory
- Hybrid Identity
- Identity Protection
- Azure AD Privileged Identity Management
- Enterprise Governance
- Perimeter Security
- Network Security
- Host Security
- Container Security
- Key Vault
- Application Security
- Storage Security
- Data and Database Security
- Azure Monitor
- Microsoft Defender for Cloud
This course includes hands-on activities to reinforce the concepts taught and provide a practical learning experience.
Lab access will be provided at no additional cost.
No mandatory pre-requisite.
Self-assessment for enrolment:
A minimum of 6 months relevant working experience and knowledge in:
- Security best practices, such as defense-in-depth, least privileged access, RBAC, multi-factor authentication, shared responsibility, and zero trust model
- Security protocols such as VPN, IPSec, SSL, disk and data encryption methods
- Azure workloads deployment
- Windows and Linux operating systems and scripting languages
- CSC 110 Network Plus
- CSC 120 Linux Plus
- CSC 130 Security Plus
- Microsoft Azure Administrator
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructure : Select One Specialization