ICT 907 - Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
Tuition for this course is funded by Microsoft Canada. There is no final evaluation in this version of the course, and online synchronous sessions are held as workshops with many students.Please enrol in only one course section.
In today’s digital world, protecting your digital assets is crucial. Whether you’re a student, business user, or IT professional, this course ensures you have a firm grasp of a range of topics in the rapidly growing field of cybersecurity.
Learn about Microsoft security, compliance, and identity (SCI) concepts, solutions, and capabilities. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to describe Microsoft SCI solutions and capabilities, across Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365, and apply this knowledge in defining end-to-end solutions to real-world scenarios.
This course covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam SC-900. This exam is required to fulfil the requirements of the Microsoft Certified: Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals professional certification.
Each learner enrolled in this course will be eligible for one attempt to write the Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals Certification Exam (SC-900) before the course section end date.
By the completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Describe the concepts of security, compliance, and identity
- Describe the capabilities of Microsoft Identity and access management solutions
- Describe the capabilities of Microsoft Security solutions
- Describe the capabilities of Microsoft Compliance solutions
Module 1: Concepts of Security, Compliance, and identity
- Describe security and compliance concepts.
- Describe identity concepts
Module 2: Microsoft Identity and Access Management Solutions
- Describe the basic services and identity types of Azure AD.
- Describe the authentication capabilities of Azure AD.
- Describe the access management capabilities of Azure AD.
- Describe the identity protection and governance capabilities of Azure AD.
Module 3: Microsoft Security Solutions
- Describe the basic security capabilities in Azure.
- Describe the security management capabilities of Azure.
- Describe the security capabilities of Microsoft Sentinel.
- Describe the threat protection capabilities of Microsoft 365.
Module 4: Capabilities of Microsoft Compliance
- Describe the compliance management capabilities of Microsoft.
- Describe the compliance management capabilities of Microsoft 365.
- Describe the information protection and governance capabilities of Microsoft 365.
- Describe the insider risk capabilities in Microsoft 365.
- Describe the eDiscovery and audit capabilities of Microsoft 365.
- Describe the resource governance capabilities in Azure.
Who is this course for?
The audience for this course is anyone who is just beginning to learn about Microsoft SCI solutions and capabilities across Microsoft 365 and Azure.
This course can be used to prepare learners for other Azure role-based certifications, like SEC 320 Microsoft Security Operations Analyst (SC-200), SEC 310 Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator (SC-300) and SEC 330 Microsoft Information Protection Administrator (SC-400).
There are no prerequisites for this course.
However, it is recommended that students have some basic familiarity with Azure and Microsoft 365, along with a general understanding of cloud computing and networking.
Free learning content is available on Microsoft Learn: