Writing for children and youth is a rich and vibrant global market. Focus on writing fiction for readers aged 8 to 12 years. Examine the writing process from initial concept to finished work including turning ideas into stories, story structure, developing characters, creating outlines, and the importance of editing and revision.
Students will explore market and publishing opportunities in this interactive and supportive online course.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Define the fundamentals of writing for children and youth
- Create stories out of ideas
- Develop believable characters
- Discuss the importance of outlines, research, editing and revision
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Creative Writing Certificate : Optional Courses