Business analysts bridge people, process, and technology. They are at the forefront of change; targeting business needs, analyzing requirements, recommending enhancements. They make change happen.
Successful business analysts bring a structured and organized approach to their work. They effectively communicate risks and timelines, and manage resources.
Build your knowledge in planning for different business analysis scenarios. Examine Agile and Waterfall frameworks, and other commonly used design approaches. Students will be introduced to the basics of estimating and project planning.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Deconstruct a business problem / opportunity into work packages that can be estimated
- Identify factors that influence the estimated effort involved in analyzing a business scenario
- Develop a business analysis approach to a business need
- Use other planning frameworks, e.g., Design Thinking, to enhance a business analysis approach
- Apply Agile and Traditional (waterfall) techniques to report on business analysis initiatives
- Estimating and Scheduling
- Assumptions, Constraints and Managing Risk
- Governance and Approval processes
- Document Management
- Time Management
- Ethics in Analysis
- The Agile Mindset
- Development Approaches
- Functional Decomposition
- Backlog Management and Item Tracking
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Business Analysis Certificate : Required