BMC 304 - GIS: Introduction to Geo-Information Systems
UCalgary Continuing Education
Course DescriptionEnvironmental and other data are often spatially distributed. GIS deals with storage, manipulation, and analysis of any data that can be represented on a map. Learn about: file formats and data types, overlay analysis, neighbourhood operations, modelling, presentation of results, and other valuable GIS techniques. Theory applies to GIS in general.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Determine what types of files can be loaded in a GIS
- How GPS can be used within a GIS environment
- Locate geographic files for specific purposes
- Understand discrepancies between NAD 27 and NAD 83
- Operate a mapping program
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Environmental Management Certificate : Optional Courses
Required fields are indicated by .