If you are new to planning or collaborating on an academic research project, a project management approach can help make things go smoothly.
This session will introduce principles, methods, tools and techniques to help with project planning in an academic context. A key aspect of planning a research project is data management, and this session will also cover the basics of data management planning.
Instructors: Heather Ganshorn, Kyla Flanagan
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Describe what a project is, and list the triple constraint in project management
- Create a work structure breakdown for a simple project
- Identify tools (Gantt charts, etc.) that can be used to aid with project planning and management
- Describe the importance of data management, data management planning, and metadata
- Define and describe data, data management, metadata, the Data Life Cycle
- Create an outline of a Data Management Plan
This session will be held in-person.