COR 559 - Design Thinking: An Introduction - Nutrien
Design thinking is a unique, non-linear approach to considering problems. This methodology is particularly well suited to address tough challenges facing business and even tackle society’s most intractable “wicked problems” to produce innovative and thought-provoking solutions.
Design thinking’s key strength is its emphasis on reframing to solve the right problem. Develop the design thinking mindset through the introduction of the human-centred design and creative problem-solving approach which offers the promise of new, more effective solutions.
The purpose of this course is to introduce participants to the concept of Design Thinking, especially in the context of the development of workplace solutions.
Course DetailsBy the completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
• Recognize design thinking frameworks, concepts and theories
• Apply design thinking models and techniques that lead to solving problems and identifying opportunities
• Examine design thinking techniques that help groups generate more solutions to problems
• Reflect on the potential value creation and risks of ideas using a design thinking approach
• Explain how design thinking is relevant to addressing challenges facing business and social problems