The Blended and Online Course Design Studio is a 3-day immersive course design experience for educators who are designing new or existing blended or online courses. The Studio will provide participants with pedagogical and technological skills development in the form of workshops and hands-on design consultations with instructional designers, learning technologies specialists, and other participants.
- How to design blended and online courses that align with educators’ pedagogical aims,
- How to select and use appropriate learning technology tools to meet the pedagogical aims of the course,
- How to create and facilitate active learning activities in blended or online courses,
- How to develop meaningful blended or online assessments,
- How to provide useful feedback and timely marks, and
- How to integrate reflection and student feedback into blended or online course design.
- Articulate the pedagogical aims of their blended or online course,
- Appraise learning technologies to determine alignment with the pedagogical aims of the course,
- Choose appropriate learning technologies to support student-centered learning,
- Organize a D2L course shell that facilitates student learning and engagement in blended or online courses,
- Design effective learning activities, assessments, and grading strategies, and
- Create opportunities for reflection and formative feedback.
We invite participants to join us for one, some, or all of the sessions, as their schedules permit.
Please note: Registration will close 48 hours before each workshop. Participants will receive relevant Zoom information via email at least 1 hour before the designated start time.