CPE 111 - Real Estate Law
This course is intended to be an introductory and broad-based course which covers various aspects of real estate law and legislation related to real estate and property in Alberta. Topics covered include: common legal issues and applicable legislation; the Alberta Land Titles System; common documents related to real estate transactions; conveyancing; leasing and how it relates to valuation; condominium law; and litigation.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Review and describe an Alberta Land Titles Certificate
- Recognize common Land Titles encumbrances and their implications
- Explain key sections of residential and commercial purchase and sale contracts
- Explore key aspects of commercial leases
- Improve communication with legal and related professional advisors using your knowledge gained in the course.