How do you ensure a secure and safe environment for employees and contractors in the workplace? Learn the security risks faced by organizations when dealing with personnel issues and what can be done to mitigate those risks. Topics include: screening for employees and contractors, the legal issues that need to be considered, workplace security best practices, travel security, and contingency plans for executive protection, workplace violence, other threats common to the workplace, special events, and international operations.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Develop and implement policies and methods for personnel protection to support a secure work environment
- Develop executive protection programs to help reduce security risks to executives and to ensure continued viability of the organization
- Develop personnel security plans for employees working in international locations
- Support the organizations efforts to reduce substance abuse in the workplace
- Develop a plan for dealing with other workplace threats such as bomb threats and violence in the workplace
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Security Management Certificate : Optional Security Management Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management : Optional Courses*
- Certificate in Professional Management - PEG : Optional Courses*
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Construction Management : Optional Courses*
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Optional Courses*
*Note: Applies only to students who were admitted to Certificate in Professional Management prior to October 2018. Please ensure that the course can be credited toward your certificate by reviewing the requirements outlined in your personal record.