TI 0934 - Teaching Online Program
The Teaching Online Program (TOP) badge is comprised of one workshop and a final online project over the span of two weeks. On the first day of the program, you will be invited to a synchronous introduction to the course session on Zoom to meet your instructors and classmates. The remainder of the program will be delivered in D2L where you will work through the program as a cohort, asynchronously, exploring a variety of strategies and technologies for designing and enhancing online learning while contemplating how online teaching and learning relates to your own contexts.
At the end of the program, you will begin to:
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and dispositions informed by research and practices of online learning in higher education.
- Investigate student-centered online learning within the context of their own discipline
- Select existing media and methods to meet specific student learning needs for a course they are developing or teaching
- Plan, design, and carry out projects addressing student learning needs online
- Engage in discussion as a community of learners to explore and construct concepts and relationships by solving unstructured real-world problems
- Develop an awareness of the complexity of online pedagogy and how this might influence your analyses and interpretations of online teaching and learning practice
Please Note: One synchronous zoom session will be scheduled during the program. A zoom link will be sent from the course instructor the day before the session.