TI 0928 - International TAs: Opportunities and Effective Strategies
Starting out as a TA can be challenging, especially being an international TA who may be comparatively new to the country and the teaching and learning culture at the University of Calgary. Rapid changes to online and blended learning environments have added extra challenges for international TAs to navigate. This workshop presents an open opportunity for facilitators and participants to share the experiences of being an international TA at the University of Calgary.
Come to this workshop to discuss topics such as (but not limited to):
- different types of TA duties and contract expectations,
- grading and giving feedback,
- preventing plagiarism and resolving conflict and
- effective communication with students and the teaching team.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- identify the essentials of TA duties,
- apply strategies of effective classroom management,
- enhance their grading practices,
- explore opportunities for giving constructive feedback,
- improve their communication with students, instructors and fellow TAs.
Please note: Registration will close 48 hours before each workshop. Participants will receive relevant Zoom information via email at least 1 hour before the designated start time.