Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy (LSDP) focuses on the integration of learning technology across the variety of learning spaces in higher education. You will critically review and reflect on the role of learning technology and spaces in higher education and your own practices. Participants will have the opportunity to integrate learning technology and spaces into a student-centred learning activity and create a digital resource to support student learning in that activity.
Lead Instructor: Tyson Kendon
This badge is part of the Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Scholars Certificates in University Teaching and Learning programme.
Participants who register for the badge will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate.
- Investigate and reflect on evidence-informed digital pedagogy principles and strategies and how these can be integrated into your teaching practice.
- Explore how to use and/or adapt a learning space to optimize student learning and engagement.
- Create a student-centred lesson plan and activity that integrates learning spaces and learning technology.
- Develop teaching and learning digital resources using appropriate technologies to support your lesson plan and activity.
LSDP is offered online through both asynchronous and synchronous formats (1 required synchronous session for the Teaching with Technology module), using D2L and Zoom.
- This badge is open and free-of-cost to all current graduate students and postdoctoral scholars with the University of Calgary
- For recent graduates: If you began work on your Certificate prior to completing your graduate studies at the University of Calgary, you may take up to one year after your graduation to complete your Certificate
- This badge is not accepting the registration of external participants i.e. individuals not affiliated with the University of Calgary
Please note: Registration will close within 1 week of the course start date. Participants will be contacted with relevant course information via email – as well as enrolled on D2L – on the day the badge begins.