Innovation and Core Concepts of Engineering Entrepreneurship is the first foundational course required to complete the Certificate in Engineering Entrepreneurship. Please note that this course is embedded in the first-year core programming for engineering students as part of ENGG 200.
This non-credit course is offered in the Winter term and is embedded within ENGG 200 curriculum.
- Students will be introduced to core concepts of innovation and engineering entrepreneurship
- Students will understand the engineering entrepreneurship journey, understand the entrepreneurial mindset and opportunity recognizing mind, and develop competence in developing business models
- Students will also build and develop key interpersonal skills including building a startup team, project management essentials, communication, teamwork, adaptability and resilience, and more
By fulfilling requirements, students can:
- Continue on to SSE 200 (Tier 2) and SSE 300 (Tier 3)
- Earn a Certificate in Engineering Entrepreneurship once all three tiers are completed