Engineering Entrepreneurship Essentials is the second* course required to complete the Certificate in Engineering Entrepreneurship.
*The first course in the certificate, SSE 100 – Innovation and Core Concepts of Engineering Entrepreneurship, is embedded in the first year core programming for engineering students
This non-credit course is offered across the Fall 2021/Winter 2022 terms and is completed through a combination of in-person workshops (held outside of class time) and independent online guided learning modules.
- Students will be introduced to key entrepreneurial concepts and skills, including value proposition and market intelligence, product design and development, and Startup financials
- Students will build and develop key interpersonal skills including communication, teamwork, adaptability and resilience, and more
To complete this course, students must:
- Complete 6 modules, including 4 in-person workshops (one workshop per month on average) and 2 online guided learning modules (to be completed independently in D2L)
- Participate in the final event (to be held early January)
By fulfilling requirements, students can:
- Earn a digital badge for the successful completion of the Engineering Entrepreneurship Essentials course
- Earn a certificate of completion for Engineering Entrepreneurship once tiers 1, 2, and 3 are completed
Registration in this course is free. The deadline to register for the Fall 2021/Winter 2022 session is Monday, September 13 (11:59pm MT).
Please email email@example.com with any questions related to registration.
This course is available for undergraduate students who are actively enrolled fulltime in the Schulich School of Engineering.