HSK 828 - Mixed-Use Real Estate Development
*Formerly CPE 185*
The downtowns of Canada's largest cities include many dynamic mixed-use real estate development projects. Technological advances, traffic congestion, and environmental concerns are some of the many factors that contribute to the rapid growth of mixed-use real estate planning and development. Gain an overview of the development process that incorporates complimentary residential, commercial, civic, and business uses into a single parcel or development concept area. Learn about mixed-use planning polices, development regulations, and the complete development process through expert industry speakers, exposure to case studies of active developments across Canada, and interaction with like-minded co-learners.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of mixed-use real estate planning and development across several regions of Canada
- Identify and discuss important factors for leasing and selling mixed-use developments
- Describe the basic principles of mixed-use development for a transit-oriented development
- Recognize the role of planning policies, municipal approval, and development regulations on potential mixed-use projects.
- Apply specific criteria for site selection feasibility to produce a mixed-use development plan
- Collaborate with co-learners to present mixed-use development plan to class