SSL 100 - Foundations Tier (Level 1) - Engineering Leadership Program
The Foundations Tier is the first level of the Engineering Leadership Program, a 3 year co-curricular certificate program.
The Foundations Tier takes place during the Fall & Winter semesters of every school year. Through engaging in core workshops and self-directed modules, students will learn foundational leadership skills: self-awareness, effective communication & teamwork. Students participate in events & workshops that take place on average once a month. These workshops and events are typically 1.5 - 2 hours, offered in-person, virtually, and online asynchronous. Total involvement hours is approximately 20.
By fulfilling requirements, students can:
- earn a digital badge for the successful completion of the Foundations tier (can be displayed on LinkedIn/resume)
- earn a Certificate of Recognition by participating in all 3 tiers/levels of the program (Foundations Tier, Development Tier, Excellence Tier)
- continue their leadership learning and development
Foundations tier, Engineering Leadership Program components:
- Opening & closing events
- 6 core workshops
- 2 term reflections & surveys
- Full day conference (a Saturday in March/April)
First time users will be asked to login or create a new account. Under "Known UCID / Other Names on Record (if any)" please make sure to input your UCID. This is critical with ensuring that you are registered properly and can access the leadership course on D2L.
Registration for students brand new to the Engineering Leadership Program in the 2022-2023 year occurs by enrolling in SSL 100 - 002: Foundations Tier (Level 1).
Registration is free and the deadline to register is: Tuesday, Sept. 13th @ 11:59pm.
Any questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Schulich engineering undergraduate student in any year