ICT 901 - Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals
Tuition for this course is funded by Microsoft Canada. There is no final evaluation in this version of the course, and online synchronous sessions are held as workshops with many students.
The paid version of the course includes a final evaluation and in-person sessions are in smaller groups.Please enrol in only one course section.
Learn about the fundamental concepts of artificial intelligence (AI) and the services in Microsoft Azure to build AI solutions. Experience a hands-on approach to see AI in action and explore Azure AI services. Microsoft Azure includes a suite of tools that enables learners to ingest data, build machine learning (ML) models, and deploy those models as REST API web services. Azure also includes a number of platform-as-a-service cognitive services that offer learners access to pre-trained ML models.
This course covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam AI-900: Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals. This exam is required to fulfil the requirements of the Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Fundamentals professional certification. Each learner enrolled in this course will be eligible for one attempt to write the Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals Certification Exam (AI-900) before the course section end date.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Describe Artificial Intelligence workloads and considerations
- Describe fundamental principles of machine learning on Azure
- Describe features of computer vision workloads on Azure
- Describe features of Natural Language Processing (NLP) workloads on Azure
Module 1: Introduction to AI
- Common uses of artificial intelligence (AI)
- Types of workload associated with AI
- Considerations and principles for responsible AI development
Module 2: Machine Learning
- Fundamental machine learning concepts
- How to use Azure Machine Learning to create and publish machine learning models
Module 3: Computer Vision
- Computer vision concept
- Computer vision techniques and services
Module 4: Natural Language Processing
- Scenarios for AI solutions that can process written and spoken language
- Solutions that analyze text, recognize and synthesize speech, translate between languages, and interpret commands.
Module 5: Decision Support
- Anomaly Detector
Who is this course for?
The Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals course is for individuals with both technical or non-technical backgrounds, who are interested in learning how to create AI and ML applications using Microsoft Azure. Prior experience in data science and software engineering are not required for this course. Some general programming knowledge or experience would be beneficial.
This course can be used to prepare candidates for other Azure Certification courses like DAT 370 Designing and Implementing a Data Science Solution on Azure and DAT 380 Designing and Implementing a Microsoft Azure AI Solution with Project. It designed for those who wish to pursue future careers like:
- Machine Learning / AI Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning / AI Developer
This course includes extensive hands-on activities designed to help you learn by working with Azure. To complete the labs in this course, you will need:
- A modern web browser - for example, Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Azure Lab Access (will be provided at no additional cost)