Based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, this Daring Way™ seminar focuses on four courage-building skills. Led by a Certified Daring Way facilitator, learn how to deal with fear and vulnerability, live into your values, build trust and learn to be resilient as a way to develop as a courageous and daring clinician.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
1. Identify how self-awareness plays a critical role in social work
2. Explore and recognize the importance of your values and your story, drawing on parallels with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Narrative Therapy
3. Recognize the research behind shame and vulnerability as the foundational skill set of courage
4. Apply four measurable and teachable resilience skills
5. Describe how armour (as oppose to fear) is the biggest barrier for wholehearted living, leading and supporting clients.