We all hold stereotypes and biases, consciously and unconsciously, that impact our daily interaction with others. Through this course, participants will have the opportunity to understand how our biases impact our teaching and its effect on learners. With the aim to create a more equitable learning space for their students, participants will also engage in critical reflection to identify their biases and explore ways to mitigate them in their teaching practice.
By the end of this session participants should be able to:
- explore and devise strategies to mitigate their biases in teaching practices
Please Note: This is an asynchronous format course completed in D2L.
You will be enrolled in the D2L course and it will be available the day the course starts and open for a week for you to complete the requirements.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Graduate Students : Optional Courses
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Optional Courses
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Emerging Teachers Development Badge - Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Emerging Teachers Development Badge - Optional Courses