In the first workshop, supervisors will (1) develop a better understanding of how to build productive, research focused mentoring relationships with graduate students, and (2) explore diverse strategies and approaches to mentoring students with academic writing.
At the end of this session participation will be able to:
- Explore and discuss supervisors’ best practices
- Identify techniques for good communication
- Create shared expectations with your graduate students
- Explore strategies for using a writing-focused supervision pedagogy with graduate students
- Coach and guide students through the various stages of the writing process