You've grown your own vegetables and fruits, but now what? We will discuss techniques and timing in the Alberta region for best fall harvest, preserving and storing vegetable and fruit crops, growing produce indoors, and getting a jump start on your garden for spring! Topics include keeper crops, harvesting techniques, canning, drying and freezing, storage, overwintering your garden, and growing indoors.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify five keeper crops
- Harvest a selection of home-grown produce for storage
- Apply a minimum of three different preservation techniques
- Prepare the vegetable/fruit garden for winter
- Establish and maintain indoor produce
- Plan a productive spring garden