The course focuses on developing conversational skills in various contexts while continuing to build a strong grammatical base. Classes are conducted solely in Italian.
By completion of this course, successful students will develop skills in:
- Listening: Grasp the meaning and respond to authentic conversations and audio material related to the thematic and linguistic content of the course.
- Speaking: Express ideas using vocabulary related to authentic and non-stereotypical situations and culture using the indicative (present past and future tenses), the conditional, subjunctive and the imperative mood.
- Reading: Respond to readings of authentic material (short newspaper articles/ reviews/ and short literature excerpts.
- Writing: Write blogs and reviews in the present, past and future tenses.
- Culture: Become increasingly aware of cultural features of Italy and share in discussion to explore interesting points of divergence and convergence. Present on a cultural topic of interest.
NotesThis course corresponds to the B2 level (intermediate) of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
ITA 105 Italian 5 or equivalent level of fluency as determined by the department.