Did you know that analytics not only answer to questions such as what has happened, or why did it happen, but also answer proactive questions like what is going to happen, how do we make it happen, or what can we do to prevent it from happening?
Explore the analytics landscape to understand what types of technologies are available today. More importantly, learn what kinds of problems these technologies solve and how they can support the decision-making processes that can lead to such things as increased sales, better customer service, and improved product or service offering.
This course is designed for non-technical individuals.
Course Learning Level Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Describe the key concepts and characteristics of data analytics
- Recognize the strategic and tactical roles that analytics has in a data-driven organization
- Identify analytics applications in decision-making
Topics of Instruction
- What is analytics, data science, big data
- Escalator of Analytic Value
- Overview of Data Analytics methods
- Tools for analytics
- How analytics is being used
- What is storytelling data
- Data governance, privacy, ethics
- Emerging trends