Emerging technologies are structurally changing industries, requiring organizations to adapt strategically and operationally as both opportunities and threats emerge. As a result, organizations face challenges, risks, innovations, and questions which require new thinking and approaches to ensure successful navigation of an uncertain and changing industry context.
This course will explore the various aspects of digital transformation within the context and from the perspective of industry as a whole, focusing on the intersection between technology and industry, impacts on strategy and operations.
This course is designed for non-technical individuals.
Course Level Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Recognize the types of digital transformation that can occur within organizations
- Recognize the principles and technologies identified in the Industry 4.0 trend
- Identify the impact of digital transformation on an existing business model and the opportunities Industry 4.0 presents to reinvent or transition organizational structures, processes and business approaches
Topics of Instruction
- Evolution of Industry from 1.0 to 4.0
- Defining digital transformation
- General overview of the nine areas of Industry 4.0
- Horizontal and vertical integration of Industry 4.0
- Applications and implications of technologies
- Examples on adoption of digital technologies
- Leading a digital transformation initiative