Build your financial literacy with a deeper understanding of financial statement components to assess the performance and financial position of organizations. Learn how to analyze this information and understand the key factors used in making investment decisions.
Before you can make effective financial decisions, you need to become proficient in navigating the key financial statements. In this interactive, blended workshop, you will:
- Build a solid foundation and understanding of important financial terms and ratios
- Practice concepts by analyzing financial statements from major industries to link to your new vocabulary
- Learn about the major factors used in making investment decisions.
Upon completing this program, you will:
- Communicate more effectively with financial executives in your organization
- Build financial vocabulary to better understand and interpret key financial statements
- Sharpen skills in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of competitors by analyzing their financial statements
- Navigate between strategy and operations using financial statements and ratios
- Understand the decision criteria used when companies make investment decisions
WHO WILL BENEFIT
You will benefit from this learning experience, if you are interested in exploring the following questions:
- When, how and why are financial statement components recognized and valued?
- How reliable are the numbers shown on financial statements?
- How can I examine the relationships between items shown on financial statements through ratio analysis?
- How can I use ratio analysis to compare the performance of companies?
- What are the key factors that we need to consider when making investment decisions?