FSW 104 - Trauma Practice: Tools for Stabilization and Recovery
UPDATE: AHS Staff rate seats are sold out and no wait lists are kept. Please register @ EB General Rate.
Trauma Practice will provide both the novice and advanced trauma therapist with the tools, knowledge and skills necessary to begin utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) in their treatment of trauma survivors. In addition to presenting a didactic foundational understanding of the theoretical tenants of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, this course will provide experiential training in effective approaches inspired by CBT, Neuroplasticity, and the Psychophysiology of trauma. Interventions include: 3-6 Breathing, Trigger List Development, Grounding & Containment, Layring, Expanding Emotions, Hands over Heart Space, Timed-Reflection, Corrective Messages from Old Storylines, Behavior Change Rehearsal Exercise, Thematic Map & Release, Self-Compassion Reflection and reconnection. Treatment applications will be framed within a Tri-Phasic model.
This is a very experiential program and we encourage everyone attending to participate for maximal integration of these interventions.
- Treatment approaches within a Tri-Phasic model of Safety & Stabilization, Remembrance & Mourning and Reconnection;
- Body, Mind, Behavior and Emotion resolution using Trauma Practice;
- Over 20 practical interventions for trauma recovery;
- Underlying principles of CBT, and the development of Behavioral, Cognitive and CBT;
- Application of Trauma Practice toward fulfilling each stage of the Tri-Phasic treatment model;
- Practical applications of Trauma Practice among trauma survivors; and
- Hands on approaches for working with trauma survivors on their journey to recovery through community reconnection.
Founder and director of Traumatology Institute, Anna Baranowsky, PhD, C Psych. received her doctorate in Clinical Psychology at the University of Ottawa. She is a Canadian Clinical Psychologist and a Board Certified Expert in Traumatic Stress through the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress; Green Cross Scholar, Registered Traumatologist and Trainer. She works with trauma survivors and those with PTSD on post-traumatic growth and recovery. Trauma Practice: Tools for Stabilization & Recovery (2015, 3rd Ed. Baranowsky & Gentry) is a bestselling title in the field of post-trauma therapy. Her other book What is PTSD? 3 Steps to Healing Trauma (2012 Baranowsky & Lauer), offers practical self-care for trauma survivors. She was named as one of the Top Women in Defence World (Canadian Military) by Espirit de Corps magazine in March 2016.