Storytelling is a powerful leadership tool. Stories build rapport and connection in a way that facts and information do not. When we share stories, we engage the emotions and imagination of others to help them see things differently—and act differently as a result.
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc., this intensive one-day course will help you use storytelling as a powerful leadership tool. Tap into the stories you have within you and use them to authentically inspire and motivate your audiences.
Participants will enhance their ability to:
- Understand the purpose of storytelling and how to use it as a leadership tool
- Use The Story Spine to structure a compelling anecdote
- Identify the right moment for a story
- Use language and classic narrative techniques to hold the room
- Tell their stories with a dynamic and engaging physical presence
- Craft stories in-the-moment for a variety of audiences and situations.
Who will benefit
This course is for leaders at all levels who wish to complement their leadership communication skills with storytelling.
Storytelling for Leaders™ emphasizes practical, applied learning. Small groups ensure that all participants have several opportunities to test their learning throughout the day and receive individual feedback from the instructor.
Date: January 14, 2020
Program Delivery: Classroom
Commitment: 7 hours