In this session we will give a brief overview of mental health and wellness, with connections to course design. The majority of the session will be spent discussing ways in which the design of a course can impact on wellness for both students and instructors. After looking at a framework for wellness and course design, participants will offer suggestions to promote wellness at the course level.
By the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Describe how course design has the potential to impact on students' and instructors' mental health and wellness, both positively and negatively
- Identify course design strategies that have the potential to promote mental health and wellness for students and instructors
- Select two course design ideas that have the potential to foster mental health and wellness in their own courses
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Theories and Issues in Postsecondary Teaching and Learning Badge - Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Theories and Issues in Postsecondary Teaching and Learning Badge - Optional Courses