It is inevitable that we will all experience transition and adversity at some point in our lives. Resiliency refers to our capacity to adapt or bounce back in the face of transition and adversity. Resiliency also captures a community’s capacity to provide the appropriate supports and resources to community members to help them successfully navigate through difficult times. In this workshop, we will explore the personal and social factors associated with resiliency and practiced evidence-based strategies to enhance personal resiliency.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify factors associated with personal resiliency;
- Describe and apply four strategies for enhancing personal resiliency; and
- Consider their role in shaping a resilient campus community.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Theories and Issues in Postsecondary Teaching and Learning Badge - Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Theories and Issues in Postsecondary Teaching and Learning Badge - Optional Courses