Engaged Teaching through Acting Techniques utilizes methods of actor training in voice, grounding techniques, connectivity, presentational skills and kinaesthetic expressivity. The objective is to provide participants with 'acting tools' to be engaging teachers. Participants will learn effective voice techniques, develop connectivity and presentational skills for any teaching scenarios, and to discover their own teaching personality. The workshop will involve theoretical concepts and online practical exercises.
• Explore how voice is produced, projected and articulated.
• Develop teaching approaches through the awareness of self, connectivity and facial expression.
• Discover methods to build teaching personality.
Please Note: This is a synchronous format course and a zoom invite will be sent to you an hour before the start time.
If you want to earn credit for this course you are required to participate in the entire zoom session.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Graduate Students : Optional Courses
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Optional Courses
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Emerging Teachers Development Badge - Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Emerging Teachers Development Badge - Optional Courses