Teaching Assistant (TA) Orientation is a cross-disciplinary event open to all current and prospective University of Calgary teaching assistants. This three-hour event involves interactive sessions which provide opportunities to reflect on the importance and value of teaching and TA excellence on campus.
Please note that this orientation does not replace TA training that may be offered in your department or faculty and this is not a mandatory event. Registration is required.
You will learn to:
- Describe the basic tenets of effective, student-centred teaching
- Begin to recognize the responsibilities and relationships involved in the TA role
- Identify effective teaching and communication strategies that you can implement
- Build a positive peer network
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Graduate Students : Optional Courses
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Optional Courses
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Emerging Teachers Development Badge - Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Emerging Teachers Development Badge - Optional Courses