Teaching Assistant (TA) Orientation is a cross-disciplinary event open to all current and prospective University of Calgary teaching assistants. This three-hour event involves interactive sessions which provide opportunities to reflect on the importance and value of teaching and TA excellence on campus.
Please note that this orientation does not replace TA training that may be offered in your department or faculty and this is not a mandatory event. Registration is required.
You will learn to:
- Engage in reflective practices to make meaning of teaching and learning
- Describe how keeping learning central leads to effective teaching
- Identify effective teaching and communication strategies for your TA role
- Consider ways to practice professionalism in your responsibilities and relationships as a TA
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Graduate Students : Optional Courses
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Optional Courses
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Emerging Teachers Development Badge - Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Emerging Teachers Development Badge - Optional Courses