In a world of increasing change and volatility, the ability to connect with others with empathy and authenticity is a defining asset of leadership.
Emotional intelligence is the ability to perceive, interpret, control, and effectively manage your emotions and the emotions of those with whom you interact. Emotional Intelligence is a key skills for leaders; those with high emotional intelligence are more likely to stay calm under pressure, to resolve conflict effectively, and to respond to colleagues with empathy.
Through this online program, you will develop your emotional intelligence strategies over a period of time. As you learn both foundational and advanced EI concepts and frameworks, you will intentionally focus on practicing tools within your work environment. Practically applying your new knowledge will build positive habits and skills to increase your effectiveness in leading yourself and your team.
Upon completion of the program you will be able to:
- Identify the key components of emotional intelligence;
- Understand and evaluate the effects of emotional intelligence in the workplace;
- Identify and regulate the emotional sub-text of workplace interactions;
- Effectively manage the impact of thoughts (rational) and feelings (affective) on decision-making;
- Recognize and apply steps to enhance self-awareness;
- Develop greater empathy when interacting with others;
- Build an emotionally intelligent team;
- Apply tools and exercises to improve emotional intelligence strategies and leverage emotions.