Designed to integrate everyday workplace situations, the aim of this blended program is to develop your emotional intelligent (EI) strategies over a period of time. As you learn both foundational and advanced EI concepts and frameworks, you will intentionally focus on practicing tools within your work environment. Practically applying your new knowledge will build positive habits and skills to increase your effectiveness in leading yourself and your team.
During the online modules, you will identify and analyze real challenges and begin to build your development plan. The online sessions will provide the foundation for the in-class discussions in the latter portion of the program. This learning experience is facilitated by Fred Jacques PhD, a sought-after coach and EI practitioner with over 30 years of experience in both profit and not-for-profit sectors
You will be able to answer the following learning questions upon completion of the program:
- What are the four components of EQ?
- What tools and exercises can I use to improve my EQ strategies and positively leverage my emotions?
- How do I use and manage the emotional sub-text of my workplace interactions?
- How do I identify emotions that influence my decisions and actions?
- How do I identify and avoid common decision-making pitfalls?
- How do I learn to adapt my emotions before and during conflict to achieve optimal outcomes?
- How do I analyze EQ challenges within my organization?
- How do I apply advanced EQ models and skills within my day-to-day interactions and influence organizational culture?
- What is my personal plan for EQ development and practices?
Program investment is $2,700 per participant. Your investment includes the following:
- Program launch and orientation
- Three online units, two classroom sessions, all materials and copyrights, virtual learning platform, emotional intelligence online diagnostic assessment, 30-minute debrief with professional coach and program follow-up webinar
- Breakfast, lunch and refreshments/snacks during classroom session days
- Certificate of completion from the Haskayne School of Business
Detailed brochure is located here.