TI 0852 - Course Design Program
The Course Design Program is a hands-on opportunity to apply student-centred course design theory and skills to design or modify your own course. It focuses on how to design meaningful student learning experiences through writing course learning outcomes, selecting appropriate assessment methods, and integrating teaching and learning activities. This program will help you to develop an overall course design plan and identify practical strategies for designing, teaching, and evaluating your course, whether your course is online, in the classroom, or blended. This version of the Course Design Program blends Zoom and D2L instruction to help you work at an individual pace.
To complete the program, you are expected to attend and engage in all online activities.
The Course Design Program consists of two Zoom sessions (9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.) combined with activities in D2L.
- Format: Online
- Duration: 2 Zoom sessions (9:00 – 10:30) and online participation
- Time commitment: 9 – 12 hours
- Pace: Learner-led/facilitated.
You will learn to:
- Conduct a front-end analysis in order to identify important elements in your course design
- Write effective course learning outcomes for your course Select and sequence course content
- Identify practical constraints for your course and select strategies to mitigate them
- Choose student assessment strategies that are an accurate measure of the course learning outcomes
- Select teaching and learning activities in alignment with course learning outcomes and assessment strategies
- Evaluate your course design based on identified criteria